The 18th International Conference on Open Repositories (OR2023) will be held from 12-15 June 2023 at the Lord Charles Hotel, in Stellenbosch, South Africa. We are pleased to invite you to contribute to the program.The conference theme is Repositories unlocked for discovery and interoperability
OR2023 will provide an opportunity to explore and reflect on the ways repositories enable discoverability and interoperability of information and data within the structured web of data. How can we better utilise repositories for machine interoperability? How can we develop the capacity of institutions to implement sustainable open repositories to improve data equity worldwide?
We particularly welcome proposals on the overall “Repositories unlocked for discovery and interoperability” theme, but also on other administrative, organisational, or practical topics related to digital repositories. We are interested in the following sub-themes:
- Unbiased discovery of knowledge: Open repositories facilitating the unbiased discovery of indigenous knowledge.
- Sustainable development: Linking open repositories content to the UNESCO Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Linked data: Integration with other open knowledge resources (e.g. Wikimedia and Wikidata).
- Trust in the machine: Integrating repository content with the semantic web of data using the Resource Description Framework (RDF) knowledge representation language.
- Knowledge Organization Systems (KOS): Taxonomies and ontologies in open repositories to enhance the discoverability of data.
- Integrating content: Novel or complex formats, data types and sources.
- Repositioning repositories: Next gen repositories, the Pubfair framework and new models.
Please visit the Call for Proposals page to learn more about the sub-themes and submission categories of the conference, including a full list of submission templates and key dates for submission deadlines and approvals.
The deadline for submissions is the 15th January 2023.
We look forward to the vibrant conversations and learning opportunities of the conference.
Please see the registration fees on the Registration page (registration will open in March 2023).
- Ilkay Holt, the British Library
- Mimi Seyffert-Wirth, Stellenbosch University
- Wouter Klapwijk, Stellenbosch University
For the Open Repositories Steering Committee: