Below you can access the book:
"A New Approach to Research Ethics. Using Guided Dialogue to Strengthen Research Communities" by Henriikka Mustajoki and Arto Mustajoki
A New Approach to Research Ethics is a clear, practical and useful guide to the ethical issues faced by researchers today. Examining the theories of ethical decision-making and applying these theories to a range of situations within a research career and process, this text offers a broader perspective on how ethics can be a positive force in strengthening the research community.
Drawing upon a strong selection of challenging case studies, this text offers a new approach to engage with ethical issues and provides the reader with:
- a broader view on research ethics in practice, capturing both different stages of research careers and multiple tasks within that career, including supervision and research assessments
- thoughts on questions such as increasing globalisation, open science and intensified competition
- an increased understanding of undertaking research in a world of new technologies
- an extension of research ethics to a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach
- an introduction to a ‘guided dialogue’ method, which helps to identify and engage with ethical issues individually and as a research community.
A New Approach to Research Ethics allows for self-reflection and provides guidance for professional development in an increasingly competitive area. Full of valuable guidance for the researcher and ethical decision-maker, this is an essential text for postgraduate students, senior academics and developers of training courses on ethics for researchers.